The Office of the Chaplain has identified the following priority targets for the upcoming year:
- The Office of the Chaplain will implement budget and salary transparency while allocating equitable resources for Racial Justice work.
- Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) members of our staff will be supported and resourced in identifying and participating in leadership development opportunities of their choosing.
- The Office of the Chaplain will provide organizational space, time, resources, and structure to discuss and respond to issues of Racial Justice within and outside our office.
- When planning activities and events the Office of the Chaplain will consistently consider basic needs of constituents like childcare, interpretation, food, proximity to transit lines, or time of day.
- The Office of the Chaplain will consistently communicate to our campus ministers, partners, donors, and allies our commitment to Racial Justice and decentering whiteness.
- The Office of the Chaplain will evaluate staff in their annual performance evaluation on their participation in Inclusion, Diversity and Equity training, events, etc.