Worship draws us together as a community so that we may do “the work of the people”: thanksgiving, mourning, prayer and celebration. Since the university’s founding, corporate worship has been an important part of student life. While worship is no longer compulsory, the Chaplain’s Office, Campus Ministry and Religious Life Staff work to create worship opportunities that are compelling and that enrich the lives of students, faculty and staff.
Special Services on Holy Days
- Christian services include Ash Wednesday, Maundy Thursday and others.
- A Service to recognize Holocaust Memorial Day is provided in cooperation with Hillel and the Interfaith Council.
- In cooperation with Hillel, Sukkot is celebrated and a tabernacle is built outside Wait Chapel.
- Eid al-Adha and Eid ul-Fitr are celebrated by our Muslim Student Association
For Emergency Assistance
Contact Peggy Beckman
336.758.5210 – Chaplain’s Office
336.758.5248 – Campus Ministry Office
- Chaplain’s Emergency Fund
- Annual Lovefeast
- Weddings & Events
- Scholarships for Christian Outreach
- Summit 2020, August 16-19
- MazalWAKE 2020, August 16-19
- Interfaith Calendar
- Holy Days of Observance